Arvigo Techniques of
Maya Abdominal Therapy®
Rosita Arvigo and Victoria Barrett
Victoria training with Rosita Arvigo
What is Maya Abdominal Massage?
The Arvigo® Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy are founded on the ancient Mayan technique of abdominal massage which is an external non-invasive manipulation that repositions internal organs that have shifted. The techniques effectively alleviate tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. They address and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology while improving the body’s ability to self repair and balance.
The Arvigo® Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy address position and health of the pelvic and abdominal organs. The work is best known for the correction of the prolapsed, fallen, or tilted uterus and for the prevention and treatment of benign prostate enlargement in men, and for relief of many common digestive disorders.
Who is Rosita Arvigo?
Dr. Rosita Arvigo, DN, is a naprapathic physician and master herbalist who has lived and studied with traditional healers in Central America for more than 30 years. Dr. Arvigo learned the basis from which these techniques were developed from her mentor, Don Elijio Panti, the great Maya Shaman of Belize, Central America with whom she apprenticed for ten years. Rosita also studied with Hortence Robinson, a traditional midwife and herbalist of Belize. Dr. Arvigo established the Arvigo Institute in 2000 and trains healthcare professionals worldwide.
How can Abdominal Massage help me?
The following are the most common symptoms and conditions that Arvigo® Therapy may help address:
For Everyone (infancy to elderly)
- Digestive disorders (Crohn’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
- Muscular Tension
- Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Varicose Veins
- Fertility Enhancement
- Post Surgical (scar tissue, recovery, etc.)
- Menstrual disorders (painful/irregular periods)
- Pre-conception through postpartum
- Chronic miscarriages and fertility challenges
- Discomforts of pregnancy; labor and birth preparation
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic organ congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Impotence, erectile dysfunction
What to expect during a session..
- Comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health.
- Upper and lower abdominal massage to help: Align reproductive and abdominal organs to optimal position, Improve circulation to organs, Promote vital flow to support the body’s inherent healing capacity.
- Evaluation of pelvic alignment and application of bodywork to improve pelvic alignment when indicated
- Instruction in self-care massage to enhance your professional session.
- Recommendations of complimentary supportive modalities to support your health and wellness that may include: Faja – a traditional lower abdomen support wrap, Bajos – traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya, Castor oil packs, Nutritional and herbal support, Lifestyle education
Victoria will work with you to address your specific needs. Typically, a minimum of 3-4 professional sessions are required to address most conditions, depending on your individual goals and needs. Clients who perform their self-care massage on a routine basis report an improvement in their symptoms.
Most of the information above has been provided byThe Arvigo Institute, LLC © 2016
Rates (these are rates are effective Feb. 2019)
Initial Session 2 hrs . . . $250
Follow up session 90 min. . . $150
Follow up with Pelvic Steam. . . $170
Self Care Pelvic Steam 45 min . . . $60 *
*(Available for clients who have already had a steam session with Victoria )
Rescheduling and Cancellations
There is a 48 hour cancellation policy. Please call prior to 48 hours from your appointment time to change or cancel to avoid paying full cost.
"I embarked on my Mayan Massage journey with Victoria to help alleviate period cramps and prepare my uterus for conception. The Mayan massage improved my period cramps dramatically. I no longer felt nauseous or had to take medicine to cope with the discomfort or pain from the cramps. In the first Mayan appointment I loved that Victoria educates you on your uterus and other female parts. She was great at explaining and going through the massage steps for me to continue performing the massage at home. I am so happy I chose to do the Mayan Massage and I now am 24 weeks pregnant, expecting a baby boy this summer. Victoria is not only amazing at what she does, she is a great listener and awesome person"
To book your appointment
call: (415) 264-7508
email: [email protected]
or book online